
Who knew that a big bowl of dry Rice Crispies could be so much fun!? We had an almost full box of stale cereal and I needed to clean the kitchen floor anyway so I let her go for it. At first she didn't know what to think.

She stuck both hands right in and just looked up to see if she was in trouble (she's not allowed to play with Boomer's food). She played for almost 45 minutes! The only other thing that occupies her for that long is the pool. We will have to do this again, I'm up for suggestions for different stuff besides cereal.

In other news, Emory's new favorite things to eat (I don't think they qualify as food) are Otter Pops. She is getting some new teeth and eating has been bothering her, so one day I was eating one and gave her a bite. She is now hooked. I feel a little bad because there is absolutely nothing about them that is healthy. However, everything else she eats is good for her and it is so HOT!

Emory only eats table foods now and no longer takes a bottle. I can't believe she's this grown up! :( She won't even crawl anymore. If she falls down, she just stands up and takes off again. She loves to dance, climb and play with her babies.
Check out cousin
Merrin's big news!
3 comments:
Those pics of her eating the otter pops are ADORABLE!! It doesn't get cuter than that! Great idea on the rice crispies too!
She is just so darn cute!!!
As long as she won't put these things in her mouth, here are some great sensory play experiences (see my speech brain still works sometimes :) : rice, beans, sand (onlt if you are really brave); pom pom balls, etc.
It is also fun to "hide" some favorite little objects in these bowls or bins for her to find. Hope this helps!! Give her a squeeze for us!!
She still might be a little young, but a favourite (yes, we spell it with a "u"!) for the pre-school set is "Goop". Just mix water with cornstarch. It makes a very interesting texture that kids love. At first it's almost like play-dough, but as you run your hands through it it become more liquid... and then thicker again as it settles. Definitely messy, but worth hours of entertainment.
Post a Comment