Your baby can learn sign language!
Here's how to say:
"Please change my diaper": Turn beet red and make straining expression, then smile.
"I'd like something to eat, please": Cram fist in mouth and suck wildly.
"I'm tired": Make a series of weeping gestures before closing eyes and lolling head backward.
"Please pass me that thing up there that I can't reach": Point and grunt, then continue pointing and open mouth into screaming position.
"No thank you. I think I've had enough": Throw food or object to floor with exaggerated grin.
This was an article in this week's Babycenter newsletter. I found it amusing and decided that everyone deserves a laugh. BTW- Emory does know the sign for "all finished" which helps me very often. We were at the splash park a while back and she let me know when she was ready to go. She also uses her skill at every meal time (unless she's eating pot pie or lasagna, then she's never finished).
2 comments:
Sounds like the sign language Nolan uses :) It's amazing how they all have the same mode of communication :) I don't think he has realized yet that his mommy is a speech therapist!!
I love it! I'm sure Audrey will be "signing" in no time!
Post a Comment