Sunday, May 18, 2008

Recap

Monday- Property manager calls, homeowner want to sell our house.
Tuesday- It rained. Looked for house.
Wednesday- Took Eric to airport at 5:30am. Looked for house.
Thursday- Emory's 9 month checkup. Looked for house.
Friday- Researched (and found)organic toddler formula. Found a house.
Saturday- Went swimming.
Sunday- Went to yoga, then went swimming.


What an emotionally exhausting week! On top of all our housing issues, Eric had to go to Denver and we found out that Emory is not gaining weight like we should. While I know that all babies are different and grow at their own pace, it is hard to hear that your baby went from the 90th percentile at 4 months to the 25th at 9 months. She eats, A LOT! However, she is very active. Developmentally she couldn't be better, though. The pediatrician suggested that I think about supplementing with a toddler formula. That really hurt to hear. After doing some research, I found that the World Health Organization developed a new growth chart for breastfeed infants. According to that, Emory's growth curve is closer to average, but still a little low. After lots of reading, I found that while all the major formula companies have toddler formulas, none of them offer an organic variety and my favorite baby product company doesn't have a toddler version. I finally found one that had the same (if not better) nutritional benefits. Now, when Emory doesn't eat very well, she will get a sippy cup of formula in the evening. Side note- My child does not like pizza. How can MY (or Eric's for that matter) child not like pizza!!!!!!!!!

Back to the housing issue...
Turns out that our county has the 3rd highest foreclosure rate in the entire country right now. (It's up 330% in the last year!) Turns out, homes are almost $100,000 cheaper than they were this time last year. In the grand scheme of things I'm really glad we decided to rent, even though I'm dealing with uncertainty this week.

1 comment:

natasha-nolan said...

What an interesting week you have had!! Congrats on the house situation, keep us posted :) Don't worry about Emory, we talked about this last week, but every baby is different. She is happy and healthy and now she just gets an extra snack :) Let me know if you like that particular supplement brand.