Monday, May 26, 2008

Our Weekend

Call me crazy, I know... I couldn't say "no". A friend of mine is a realtor and she is helping us look for a house. Saturday afternoon we were looking at some when she said that she was at a vacant house earlier that day where someone had left behind their fish. "I'll take them" came out of my mouth before I could stop myself. I thought Eric might kill me. "It's not like it's another dog" was my excuse. I just agreed to take 3 VERY dirty and HUNGRY fish without thinking about the fact that we'll be out of town twice and moving all in the next 4 weeks. I've always loved fish and they are easy to care for... for the most part. Besides, Emory likes to make fish faces at them. Don't laugh, we named them Tennessee, Carolina and Arizona. Yes, we purposefully left out Florida, we didn't live there long enough to count.

Rescue animals make the BEST pets! Boomer was a rescue and I couldn't ask for a better puppy. I highly recommend this site for anyone that is even considering adopting an animal.


In other news, Emory, like her friend Nolan likes to shake her head "no" all the time. I'm beginning to think she really means "yes" when she does it however. This is her response to everything. "Do you like Cheerios?" "Are you silly?" "Are you a big cousin?" She's going to make herself dizzy shaking her head so much.


Speaking of the little cousin, Everett Reed is now at home and doing well, as is Sarah. Isn't he gorgeous?! I can't wait to meet him.

1 comment:

natasha-nolan said...

Maybe you can find a qualified fish sitter while you are away :)
That baby boy is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! Glad to hear mommy and baby are home and doing well~ please send them my best!