Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Memorial Day!

I hope everyone has had a wonderful holiday weekend! We laid low today because Eric had to work and because we (or at least Emory and I) have been sick for the last week. We played in the backyard and grilled turkey burgers and hot dogs for dinner followed up with ice cream cones for dessert.

Emory was just pitiful the first part of last week. She was running a high fever and had absolutely no energy or appetite. Then, the coughing started. This was Emory's second bout of bronchitis this calendar year. Her wonderful pediatrician came in early on Thursday morning to squeeze us in. Yes, he also stayed late one evening the week before to fix her dislocated elbow. He is a wonderful doctor.

We left the appointment with some new equipment. We are now doing breathing treatments on an as needed basis. That means, multiple times a day for the rest of the week and then whenever she seems wheezy after that. Trying to get a one year old to sit still for fifteen minutes is not easy. Needless to say we have watched a lot of The Backyardigans and Sesame Street. The treatments really work though, her cough is all but gone.

This last picture doesn't really go with the topic but I wanted to include Little E's most recent favorite dress up item. Her handmade Christmas toboggan , apparently it matches everything.

1 comment:

The Growing Gunters said...

Poor Emmy and Poor YOU! I hope you guys are feeling much better. I love Miss Emmy's style!