Thursday, December 11, 2008

Better late than never



Here are some pictures that I've been meaning to post all week.



Saturday was our Food Allergy Walk. I can't tell you how much I appreciate everyone's support. Thank you all very much!

Saturday night we went to the Holly Jolly Festival that was hosted by a nearby town. It is so much fun, this was our second year to attend. They make snow for the kids to play in. Of course, Emory couldn't care less last year. She was so funny this time. She didn't want to touch the snow with her hands but she thought it was great for walking in. She just walked around her little corner of the snow pile and squealed with excitement. There were kids there in full on snowsuits, come on people, it was still 70 degrees!





I'll leave you with a picture of Emory eating her first piece of chocolate cake. I was so excited to find this company that I decided she needed cake for no reason. I'm still looking for a frosting recipe that is dairy and corn (confectioner's sugar) free. If anyone has such a recipe (or one that soy milk will work in) please pass it on. I topped this cake with an orange - cranberry glaze. It was okay, I just think it could be better.













4 comments:

Arda said...

Hi Laura

Have you checked out the "Moosewood" line of cookbooks? They may have some of the recipes you're looking for... lots of vegan and soy based stuff :)

Anna said...

Ha ha. That is a Laura snarl on Emory's face in the first pic. Makes me laugh.

natasha-nolan said...

Fake snow in 70 degree weather is my kind of snow!! And I agree with Anna, I laughed so hard when I saw that first picture because I thought the same thing :) Great minds think alike!

The Growing Gunters said...

I love miss Emory in the snow! She needs to move back south so she can see the real stuff! So glad you found your cake recipes and good news, Earthfare here sells them so you can stock up when you're in town (along with your much beloved SunDrop)!