Friday, August 29, 2008

Party Time


What a week! So I'm FINALLY getting birthday party pictures up (only a week late). I haven't gotten to the DVD yet, I'll get to it I promise. :)
Emory's party was at the splash park and it couldn't have gone any better. She walked around squealing the entire time. However, she had very little interest in her smash cake. (I was not upset over the fact that she didn't get all messy.) I have to say, I'm proud of the way her cake turned out. I was a little nervous about doing it but once I started, I realized it wasn't that bad and had fun doing it. Maybe I'll take a class before next year...
Saturday evening we went to a D-Backs game (more pictures later) and Emory decided that she was a big girl and would not eat the small pieces of cheeseburger, she needed the entire thing.
Sunday morning we ALL (Eric, myself, Grammy, Aunt Bethany and Cousin Merrin) went in to wake the Birthday Girl. Merrin enjoyed helping Emory with her tutu. After opening the last of her presents, we had a celebratory lunch and enjoyed the rocking chairs.



4 comments:

Arda said...

Looks like y'all had a wonderful time :)

natasha-nolan said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the birthday girl's tutu. Her cake looks adorable~ good job girlie. Sounds like Miss EMory had a fabulous 1st birthday!!

Anna said...

I'm loving the tutu! She'll have to start working on her pique' turns;)

druehackney said...

Happy Birthday, Emory! Hope you all are well!