Monday, June 16, 2008

Super Emory!

I've been wanting to get this for Emory but last night she showed me that there is no need for a pricey onsie when all you need is a bib. And yes, she still has food all over her face from dinner. We learned our lesson Saturday after letting her try a sippy cup instead of bottle after already cleaning up her lasagna mess.

Emory is generally very good with sippy cups, straws, even "grown up" cups (if a "grown up" holds it for her). However, she's not so good with "milk" in her cup. Now that she is getting a bottle just about everyday, she has started getting really excited when she sees a bottle, no matter who it belongs to. I was hoping to avoid having to wean her from nursing AND bottles. She only gets formula before bed so maybe the cleanup won't be that big of a deal if we continue with her cups. The cleanup can't get much worse! Especially since the only "grown up" foods she will eat are those with sauce of some kind. Her new favorite is lasagna. The child ate as much as I did! She loved it! I really didn't expect her to like it, boy was I wrong.
She is really starting to eat more (YAY!). The little chunk is starting to regain her nickname "Cheeks". She has gained a little over a pound since her 9 month checkup. I was so excited when I saw 18lbs 6oz on the scale! That puts her right around the 50th percentile. She has gained as much in the last three weeks as she did in the previous three months!

3 comments:

Courtney said...

I love it when babies turn into "super babies!" so adorable!!
I wish I was needing to add weight like Emory-oh to be 11 months again!

natasha-nolan said...

Love Super Emory!! She is too sweet :)

The Growing Gunters said...

Super Emory indeed!!! Her super powers are helping her gain some weight, YEAH! Give her a kiss for me!