Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Haircut



Emory got her first haircut today. A few months ago we decided that it was about time for a haircut and then realized that it was almost long enough to donate. There are several places that accept donations but most require 10 inches. We made it to 9 inches and found the Pantene Beautiful Lengths program. We just couldn't wait any longer!
We talked to Emory about how her new haircut would look like Cousin Jenna's and we looked at pictures of Cousins Kellen (who donated hers as well) and Merrin getting their haircut. She was very excited about going but was a little shy when we first got there. Miss Becky was WONDERFUL with Emory and let her sit in the Cars seat and watch a Disney Princess movie. She didn't even care that Emory didn't want to wear the "scary" cape. I think it also helped that Grammy went with us.
I don't think that the actual haircut bothered Emory one bit. I about had a heart attack with that first cut, but Emory was ready and expected it. She ended up with an adorable, SASSY bob. All evening she has just been shaking her head and she had lots of fun looking in the mirror.


7 comments:

Anna said...

I know how your heart must've stopped...but it's adorable! And Emory is learning about giving and sharing. Not a bad lesson at 2.5. I love it!

Arda said...

I LOVE the haircut. Good job Mum, I know it was scary ;)

Tell Emory Aunty Angela says she looks beautiful and is very proud of her!

rebecca said...

A.DOR.ABLE.
I love it!

natasha-nolan said...

She looks precious! I absolutely love it! And I completely agree with Anna :)in

The Growing Gunters said...

Your pic text brought a tear to my eye, she is such the sweetheart!! I love her new haircut and am so happy you were able to donate her hair.

Angy said...

I love the new 'do! She looks adorable! Good job mom on teaching her the wonderful joy of helping others!

Julia said...

Your daddy likes Vivien Marie best. I tried to vote twice, but it wouldn't let me. I really like all of these names, especially the Finley and Vivien ones.