This is one of the recipes I found (and tweaked) when we were avoiding a lot of foods and continue to use on a regular basis. The flax/water combination is a substitute for 1 egg, we continue to use it because it works really well and is better for us. BTW- for some reason Blogger will not let me fix the spacing on this post, I know it is kind of crazy.
Emory's Oatmeal Cookies
Ingredients:
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 tbs ground flax seed
3 tbs warm water
1 cup whole wheat flour (or all purpose)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups quick oats
Optional Ingredients:
Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
Craisins
Raisins
Directions:
Mix flax and water then set aside.
Preheat oven to 350.
Cream sugar, brown sugar and butter.
Add flax and vanilla to mixture.
Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
Add flour mixture to sugar mixture.
Mix in oats and optional ingredients.
Drop onto greased cookie sheet.
Bake about 11 minutes (depending on your oven) then let cool.
Enjoy.
1 comment:
Sounds very yummy! I can't wait to try it! BTW- I just noticed that you changed your heading to "Desert Babies"....love it :)
Post a Comment